According to some of the interviewees for the Storytelling for Marketers Best Practice Guide, it is not possible to be an effective marketer in the modern world without an understanding of the fundamentals of good storytelling.
This quick version of that guide looks at the fundamentals of storytelling marketers should consider in both external and internal communications. It covers:
- The elements that make a good story
- The importance of ensuring stories align with explicit and implicit brand values
- Techniques for creating messaging that connects with people and customers in meaningful ways
- The different ways data can inform storytelling in marketing, and how to combine data with empathy
- The role of storytelling in different content types, generating lasting or repeated engagement.
This Quick Guide draws from Econsultancy’s Storytelling for Marketers Best Practice Guide.