This quick version of Econsultancy’s Getting to Grips with Market Research and Insight Best Practice Guide serves as an introduction to the basics of market research, providing an overview of the main tools and techniques available to address the most pressing marketing questions.
In an environment of rapidly changing customer behaviour, research helps businesses become more customer oriented, and is essential for providing the integrated omnichannel experiences that consumers now expect. This Quick Guide provides a starting point for marketers looking to establish a research strategy, covering:
- How to design a research study, including identifying research objectives and deciding on research methods and sampling methodology
- The different types of research – exploratory, descriptive, explanatory and causal – and how they fit into the research study
- What to consider when selecting a research partner
- The differences between quantitative and qualitative research and their suitability for achieving different research objectives
- An introduction to research ethics.
This Quick Guide draws from Econsultancy’s Getting to Grips with Market Research and Insight Best Practice Guide.