With lockdown restrictions continuing to ease, this edition of Digital Transformation Monthly looks at how retailers are seeking to keep the ball rolling with their digital innovations, even as brick-and-mortar stores open for business again.
While Amazon opens a beauty salon in London, offering clients augmented reality consultations and ‘point-and-learn’ technology that lets customers easily find out more about the products on offer, Accor has announced the opening of the first ‘100% digital’ hotel in the same city, whose contactless touchpoints enable a seamless, technology-enabled stay.
Other stories in this edition of Digital Transformation Monthly include:
- Bed Bath & Beyond’s accelerated omnichannel strategy, which has delivered digital sales growth of more than 80%
- Ocado’s investment in autonomous driving software company Oxbotica, hoped to make last-mile deliveries more efficient
- Santander’s new digital cash management service, which stores any cash collected by a merchant and deposits it into their account
- Bank of England and HM Treasury’s announcement of a Central Bank Digital Currency taskforce
- Expedia’s digital refresh, which lets travellers view trip details, including hotel hygiene information, and introduces a ‘one-click cancel’ function.